You can book and take the exam on any day of the year (subject to exam center space availability). *Check Christmas.
You can also schedule the exam at the comfort of your house/office through Pearson Vue Online Proctored Exam (OnVue)
All APICS certification exams are Computer-Based Testing (CBT).
CPIM,CSCP and CLTD Exams are composed of 150 multiple choice questions and are 3.5 hours in length.
Candidates will receive exam results immediately after the exam.
- Students need to register for the Computer-Based Testing (CBT) exam to secure their exam sit.
- Before scheduling an exam, candidates will need an ‘Authorization To Test’ (ATT).
- The exam credits are processed within 3 months of course enrollment.
- Candidates will receive an email from ASCM to redeem their ATT by the expiry date (6months from the date exam credits are processed).
- Once the ATT is redeemed, the candidate has additional 6 months from the date of redemption to register for the CBT exam.
- APICS Exams are undertaken through Pearson Vue Authorized Test Centers (please check the Pearson Vue test centre closest to you). Candidates have access to many locations in New Zealand & worldwide.
- Students can re-sit CPIM, CLTD & CSCP exams after the 14 day stand-down period.
Note: Your online study tools are valid for 1 year and so it is advisable to study and take the exam before then.
Be at your authorized Pearson Vue Test Centre 30 minutes before your exam. Take two forms of identification (i.e. Passport, Drivers License, etc.)
Reporting to the test centre
Attend your CPIM/CLTD/CSCP exam at your nominated Pearson VUE Exam Centre.
Candidates must check in at the test centre no later than 30 minutes before their scheduled appointment.
Candidates who arrive past this time may be refused admission to the test centre and may lose their exam appointment.
Furthermore, they may be considered a no-show and may forfeit the full exam fee.
What to bring
Candidates must bring a valid (bearing a future expiration date) primary identification that includes a recent photograph and signature:
- Driver’s license
They also must bring a valid secondary identification that includes their signature:
- Debit Card
- Credit card
- APICS membership card
- Another ID from the primary list
The test centre staff verifies only the first and last name on the IDs provided to ensure they match the first and last name on the exam registration.
No temporarily issued identification is accepted.
Candidates who do not bring these items on exam day or whose name on the registration does not match their IDs will be denied admission to the examination. They will be considered a no-show and will forfeit the full exam fee.
Candidates who do not have a primary ID that meets the above requirements due to local standards should contact email@example.com for assistance.
An online computer calculator is available during each computer-based exam, but bringing a simple non-programmable calculator into the exam room is also permitted.
English-native language translation books are the only written materials candidates may bring into the exam room. These books should contain only the literal translation of English words, and should not include a description of the meaning of the word. The test center manager will inspect these books before candidates are admitted to the testing room.
What not to bring
- APICS Dictionary in any language
- Books or papers of any kind
- Protractors, compasses, rulers, stencils, digital assistants or other aids electronic devices of any kind, including mobile phones and electronic dictionaries
- Food, drinks or tobacco
Testing is monitored through the use of one or more of the following:
- a viewing window
- a video monitor
- sound-monitoring device in the room.
Testing sessions may be photographed or videotaped to ensure the integrity of the APICS certification process.
No breaks are scheduled during the exam. If a candidate must leave the room during the exam, they must notify the test centre manager. Timing will not stop during a break.
The test centre manager is authorized to dismiss candidates from a test session for the following reasons:
- Creating a disturbance
- Giving or receiving help
- Using notes, books, wristwatch calculators, digital assistants, electronic dictionaries or other aids
- Using electronic devices, including mobile phones
- Attempting to remove scratch paper from the testing room
- Attempting to tamper with the computer
- Attempting to remove test questions (in any format) from the testing room
- Failing to follow the test centre manager’s directions
- Sharing exam content
Exam Score information
Exam scores will be available directly after completing your Computer Based Test.
These are available either electronically or as a hard copy from APICS. Note that shipping costs may be charged.
Score reports indicate the certification exam(s) taken and the results – passing with distinction, passing at the certified level, or failing. Candidates also will receive information on areas of weakness.
Exam results and all personal information collected are confidential. Sensitive information will not be disclosed to parties other than APICS, the examining body without your written consent. We do ask that you “Opt In” to share your exam results with NZPICS Inc is responsible for the security of candidate information.
CPIM Certified in Production and Inventory Management SCORE RANGE
The CPIM score range is from 265 to 330.
Fail = 265 – 299
Pass = 300 – 319
EPAS = 320 – 330 (passing with distinction)*
*The Basics of Supply Chain Management exam has no passing with distinction score.The certification exams sample the APICS body of knowledge. Exam scores alone do not predict success or failure in job performance; instead, passing an exam demonstrates a high level of professional knowledge and skill. Passing with distinction indicates superior performance.
Candidate who successfully complete a certification programme will receive a personalised certificate, six weeks after successfully passing the sixth exam.
To promote professional growth and lifelong learning, CPIM, CLTD and CSCP designees must complete the Certification Maintenance program every five years.
Complete details on how to maintain the CPIM and CFPIM designations will be mailed to candidates upon successful completion of the certification requirements.